Assess and manage your data usage, and its impact on your infrastructure, in the context of the business. Improve data warehouse performance, prioritize investments and gain real-time business insights at lower cost.
Information Technology (IT) managers are under siege to meet rising business demands while controlling data delivery costs. Enterprise Data Warehouses in large enterprises now routinely reach hundreds of terabytes or petabytes. Hadoop extends the move to multi-platform environments, making it more difficult for enterprises to manage their data ecosystems holistically.
Organizations cannot continue on this path without a prohibitive impact on resource and infrastructure costs. Just as CFOs need data to run their business, IT needs data to run its infrastructure. To make informed decisions, IT needs data about how business users are consuming application and data assets. In particular, IT leaders need:
- A single view across multiple platforms,including Teradata, Oracle Exadata, IBMDB2, IBM PureData (formerly Netezza)and Hadoop.
- Mapping of users and application activity to data usage and data warehouse performance.
- Continuous collection, storage, and analysis of all queries and applications against data warehouses.
- Data consumption and workload performance metrics for the entire data warehousing environment.
Attunity Visibility is the only solution that provides detailed insight into business activity, data usage and resource consumption so that you can:
- Measure activity and usage trends by business lines and departments within your organization
- Identify individual application users and BI reports that impact system performance on the data warehouse.
- Rebalance data and workloads to the right platform by identifying unused data and resource-intensive workloads
- Optimize multiple data delivery platforms with an integrated dashboard to diagnose and assess performance bottlenecks
- Measure and audit the utilization of information assets to make smarter infrastructure investments
Attunity Visibility ties users and application activity to data usage and performance metrics of data warehouses. It continuously collects, stores, and analyzes all queries and applications against data warehouses. They are then correlated with data usage and workload performance metrics in a centralized repository that provides detailed usage and performance metrics for the entire data warehouse. Visibility also monitors multiple data warehouse systems including Teradata, Oracle Exadata, IBM DB2, IBM® PureData™ (formerly Netezza) and Hadoop.
Attunity Visibility provides the best in class data usage analytics for enterprise data warehouse optimization and management. Using Visibility, organizations can get unprecedented insight into Business Activity, Data Usage and Workload Performance across different platforms (Including Teradata, Exadata, DB2, Pure Data and Hadoop). Enterprise customers use Attunity Visibility in large data warehousing environments to reduce costs, improve performance and justify investments.
Key capabilities and benefits include the following:
- Gain insight into business activity. To analyze workloads across data platforms to deliver increased operational efficiency and reduce costs.
- Analyze Data Usage: Identify unused data that can be archived rather than consuming valuable EDW capacity and loading cycles. Unused data can be retired, while active business data can be managed using data retention policies that ensure compliance.
- Assess and Manage workload performance: Easily identify individual application users and BI reports that impact system performance on the data warehouse. Attunity Visibility’s integrated dashboard enables IT teams to diagnose and assess performance bottlenecks.
- Rebalance data and workloads: Enabling enterprises to adopt and scale out Hadoop intelligently and strategically in a cross-platform data warehousing environment.